When attempting to access a QuickBooks company’s files (.QBW) in a multi-user mode and failing, QuickBooks error H202 a multi-user error mode that appears. Users who experience the QuickBooks Error H202 may be affected by missing or damaged files.
Table of Contents
What is Error H202 in QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks company file is kept on a server computer while in multi-user mode. Workstations, or the computers used by the other users, are linked to the server. The QuickBooks company file is not stored on workstations. QuickBooks error H202 may appear if you are unable to open a company file from another computer.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code H202?
The QuickBooks program tries to connect to the company file and encounters the error number H202. The following list includes some of the primary causes of the error:
- The data file’s hosting setup parameters are incorrect.
- When the Firewall settings on your PC are blocking both incoming and outbound communication.
- The IP address of the server hosting the QuickBooks company file cannot be obtained by QuickBooks.
- While essential for hosting the company file, QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor can produce errors if they aren’t installed on your machine.
- QuickBooks damaged network data (.ND) file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Message H202? (Latest Method)
The following are some efficient fixes for the QuickBooks multi-user mode problem H202:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix errors
The network and company file typical problems can be fixed by QuickBooks File Doctor. It can resolve any network problems that might be preventing many users from connecting to the server. Running it
- Save QuickBooks Tool Hub to your local computer by downloading it from the Intuit website.
- Then, run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- Select Company File Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub at this point.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor next, and the utility will run in multi-user mode to identify and resolve any network problems.
- Try to access the data file after the utility has finished its work to see if the QuickBooks problem H202 has been resolved. If not, try the following option.
Method 2: Correct Your Firewall Settings
The QuickBooks application’s internal and exterior communication ports may not function due to improperly configured firewall settings. In this instance, you must adjust your settings to permit communication from QuickBooks. To make QuickBooks services accessible again, you must designate QuickBooks ports as an exception in your Windows Firewall and Internet security settings. Try to open the company file from your workstation once you’re finished. Continue to the following solution if the QuickBooks error H202 still exists.
Method 3: Check to see if the crucial QuickBooks services are operational.
You can connect to other workstations on a network and share your company file using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. In addition, QuickBooks needs QBFCmonitorservice in order to operate and access the database effectively under Windows. You might not be able to access a company file on the network if these services are disabled or not functioning properly. Make sure QuickBooks is running these services.
Method 4: In QuickBooks, rename the Network Data (.ND) and Transaction logFile (.TLG)
The ND and TLG files can be renamed, which may also help to solve the problem. The steps you can take to recreate a network data file in QuickBooks are listed below.
- Quit the desktop version of QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks files’ storage location next.
- Now, look there for the file with the.ND extension.
- Then, select “Rename” from the menu when you right-click on the file name.
- Add “.old” to the end of the name after that.
- The TLG file should also end with “.old.”
- Once the ND and TLG files have been renamed, check to see if the QuickBooks error code H202 has been fixed.
Also read: How To Fix QuickBooks OLSU 1013 Error?
Method 5: Start the QuickBooks Database Server Manager again
The QuickBooks error H202 may appear when there is a problem with the database server manager. Restarting the service will assist you in resolving the issue in that case.
The steps you can take to restart the QuickBooks database server manager are as follows:
- To start, press “Windows + R” on your keyboard to launch the Windows Run command.
- In the search box, enter “services.msc” before clicking the Enter key.
- Then, look for the QuickBooks service there. It will be listed there in the format QuickBooksDBXX, where XX represents the year version you are using. Then, right-click on it.
- Next, choose “Stop,” and then right-click once more to initiate it.
- You must then close the open window before selecting to show the extensions for the recognized file types.
- Then, after performing the aforementioned actions, right-click the Windows start button and select “Explore” > “Tools” > “Folder.”
- Remove the hide extensions for the known file type by selecting the “View” tab option.
- Once more, select “View” from the menu, and then select “Show Hidden Files and Folders.”
- The operating system files that are hide-protected must then be deleted after which a warning message will be displayed on the screen.
- Both “Yes” and “OK” must be selected by clicking.
- Finally, close the file explore window.
You can solve the QuickBooks error H202 using the methods listed in this post. Connect with our certified QuickBooks professionals to receive prompt assistance if the error still exists after you’ve eliminated the common causes of the error.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1: How do I make a new folder for the QBW file so that I can fix the error H202?
A: To begin, make a new folder on your server computer and share it. Configure Windows access permissions to share the company’s files after that. Then, launch the company file once more in multi-user mode and copy and paste the QBW file into the new folder.
2: Can resolving the issue also be accomplished by configuring the system firewall?
A: In the system, make exceptions for the system firewall when configuring it. Install the QuickBooks desktop on each workstation after making the necessary changes to the firewall permissions. Finally, use the file menu settings to change to the multi-user mode.
3: What are the signs of the H202 QuickBooks error code?
A: The symptoms that users on Windows PCs can recognize are listed below.
- Unable to change QuickBooks’ multi-user mode.
- A pop-up message with the H202 error code.
- Windows on PCs are crashing.
- Encountering issues when attempting to open the QuickBooks Company file
4: How can I make a new folder for the company file in QuickBooks to fix the H202 error?
A: The steps you can take to make a new folder for the QBW file are listed below.
- Make a new folder first on your server computer.
- To share the company’s files, you must then share and set up that folder and grant Windows access permissions.
- Copy and move the QuickBooks company’s file to the brand-new folder after that.